About Auratus Group
A boutique start-up based in London, with subsidiary offices in Canada, Antigua, the Czech Republic, and Switzerland. Auratus is at the forefront of strategic, financial, and procurement consulting. We deliver smart and effective solutions to help drive success. Our vastly experienced team provides our clients with a best-in-class service and our modern approach fosters a positive workplace culture which is essential in achieving this.
We are looking for an experienced Database Administrator to join our expanding IT Operations team. The successful candidate will be part of a large global multi-international organization working with an array of database platforms and applications. They will be responsible for ensuring the performance, availability, and security of various implementations of Database instances. They will also be responsible for orchestrating upgrades, Tuning, backups, and provisioning of database instances.
It is a challenging role within a rapidly expanding company with a great work ethos who value and develop their employees. We are proud to be an extraordinary equal opportunity employer. Not only do we welcome all candidates, but we promise the opportunity to learn, grow, develop skills, gain knowledge, practice your craft, expand your expertise, and be a part of the leading global multinational company.
- Design, deploy and support high available and scalable distributed databases for high volume transactions.
- Maintain and develop data models, structures, and procedures to ensure the integrity of all database components.
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of 24×7 mission critical databases.
- Setup replication across multiple geographically stretched data centres.
- Prepare crystal clear documentations and specifications including database design and coding standards.
- Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, deployments, etc.
- Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary.
- Setup and Maintain High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions.
- Ensure Change management process is followed.
- Collaborate with other team members and business stakeholders
Qualifications, experience and personality
- “Get-it-done” attitude, who can get amongst the weeds
- Team player and great interpersonal skills
- Impeccable attention to details
- Self-organised and reach deadlines without the need for management intervention
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent (preferable but not a must)
- D365 and/or Power BI experience
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GIT, SVN, etc.
- 7+ years of Database administrator experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong proficiency in SQL Server database management and shell scripting. Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements
- Create and Tune database objects such as tables, views, stored procedures, Triggers, etc.
- Solid experience with versions of SQL Server 2012 and above
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovers (DR) options for SQL Server
- Knowledge of de-facto standards and best practices in SQL Server
- In depth knowledge and experience with advanced T-SQL, stored procs, SSIS and SSRS
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Experience of at least another Database technology like PostgreSQL, MySQL, ElasticSearch or Cassandra
- Experience with Automation and Cloud DB management including migration
- Proficient with Windows and Linux OS.
Benefits & Perks
- 25 days holiday allowance (excluding bank holidays);
- 5 days of personal allowance;
- Hybrid working;
- Working from anywhere requests;
- Private pension contribution scheme;
- Private medical insurance scheme;
- L&D financial support scheme;
- Health cash back plan;
- Income protection;
- Life insurance;
- Friendly office atmosphere and team spirit!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic business offering flexible working and a collaborative and innovative environment.